Wednesday

Mini Graphic Novel Review: The Promise

The Promise
     Amazon

       The Promise By Nicola Davies

Synopsis:

On a mean street in a mean, broken city, a young girl tries to snatch an old woman’s bag. But the frail old woman, holding on with the strength of heroes, says the thief can’t have it without giving something in return: the promise. It is the beginning of a journey that will change the thieving girl’s life — and a chance to change the world, for good. Here is the story of a magical discovery that will touch the heart and imagination of every reader, young and old. In an exciting collaboration, author Nicola Davies joins forces with illustrator Laura Carlin to create a contemporary tale inspired by Jean Giono’s 1953 story, L’homme qui plantait des arbres.



My review: 



I really enjoyed this graphic novel, it was so cute. I 
can't tell you how this book made me feel. Well I will it was so amazing and so was the art. The main character started of as a thief and quite mean and immature but grew into a great young woman when she began to grow and mature. The ending was very sweet and touching and so was the fact that the whole book was centred around the promise of doing this amazing thing and how each person had to share the message and complete the promise which I found very heart-warming.

Please click on my book depository link it helps me out a lot and I get a small percentage in everything you buy - http://www.bookdepository.com/Promise-Nicola-Davies/9781406337280/?a_aid=teenbookblogger

No comments: